- April 2 - BEST Open House, NW-SCC Hospitality House
- August 29 - Team Training & "Pay Dirt" Kick Off, NW-SCC
- September 26 - Mall Day (practice robot driving), Florence Mall (tentatively)
- October 6-10 - Game Week, NW-SCC
- Thursday, October 8 (day) - Judging - Marketing Presentations, T-shirts, Web Sites & Videos
- Thursday, October 8 (evening) - Judging - Engineering Notebooks
- Saturday, October 10 - Judging - Robotics Game & Booths
Friends of BEST - bESTology Blog
Alaina Pettus wins Tools for Teachers for Robotics
Brooks High School's Robotics Team is designing a robotics display for the Children's Museum of the Shoals. Click here to find out more about this exhibit.
The Friends of BEST in Alabama have been working with the State Dept. of Ed. to recognize BEST Robotics as an approved Elective!!
This takes BEST from primarily an extra curricular activity into multiple classrooms (Math, English, Science, etc.). Click here for details.
Teams Register Here!
(Teams must register twice, once for the NW Alabama Competition and once with the national organization, BEST, Inc.)
NW Alabama Registration
Best, Inc. Registration
The following teams won awards at the 2015 South's BEST Regional Championship:
MathWorks Simulink Award for unique programming, plus a $1,500 check!
Brooks High School
Best Marketing Presentation
2nd - Moulton Middle School / Lawrence County High School
3rd - Brooks High School
Most Photogenic Robot
3rd - Lexington High School
Best T-Shirt Design
2nd - Brooks High School
2014 South's BEST Final Robotics Rankins
2013 Best Award Rankings
2013 Final Competition Results
2013 South's BEST Final Robotics Rankings
2012 Winner List & Photos
Bankhead Middle School & Cordova High School:
Middle, High School Students Form Robotics Team
2011 Winner List & Photos
Russellville City Schools wins South's BEST Website Award
Local Team Wins Web Design Competition
Robotics Event Inspires Students
Russellville City Schools Giving Their Best
Moulton Middle School Students Design & Build Robot
WAAY featured the Florence Middle School Robotics Team.
Check out the video linked here or below!